CarolinaTIP provides essential support to new teachers who are recent Education graduates.
CarolinaTIP is a bridge designed to help new teachers transition from being an education student to becoming teachers and leaders in their own classrooms. The three-year program incorporates elements of emotional support, instructional coaching and leadership development, which are vital to novice educators. As of 2019, CarolinaTIP serves 67 teachers from 38 participating schools in five districts across the Midlands.
The results are clear – 100% of 2017 CarolinaTIP teachers returned to the classroom for the 2018-2019 school year.
“The reason I chose Carolina was that the College of Education wanted us in the classroom from day one of our learning. And now that we are leading our own classrooms, Carolina is still here to support us. That’s an awesome commitment.” - Karlee Baxter, elementary teacher and UofSC alumna
“I feel like USC is saying ‘We know you need support, and we are here for you.’ And that means the world to me.” - Alison Schriro, math teacher and UofSC alumna
By investing in CarolinaTIP, you directly impact the success of a vital resource – teachers! As we work together to improve teacher retention, the true beneficiaries will be the schools, districts and, most importantly, the students of South Carolina.
- $2,500 – Provides direct support for one teacher for one year
- $1,500 – Sponsors a Saturday session providing professional development for all TIP teachers
- $500 – Provides a stipend to a TIP teacher
- $250 – Gives a TIP teacher access to a three-hour graduate class
- $100 – Provides training and professional development for one teacher
- $50 – Provides classroom supplies for one teacher
- $25 – Provides team-building materials