Celebrating 175 years of UofSC alumni support
In 1846, a small group of graduates decided to gather in support of their alma mater. Now, 175 years later, we are 300,000+ alumni strong. And there’s no doubt our alumni are proud to be Gamecocks.
As we celebrate how far we have come, we also know there’s more work to do. Over the next decade, we want to increase our impact. Our goals include:
- Increasing the number of our alumni clubs and affinity groups that serve Gamecocks around the nation and world by 50 percent
- Expanding the networking and mentoring opportunities we provide to help alumni excel in their careers, through programming like our newly formed UofSC Mentorship Hub
- Tripling our student scholarship giving to $1 million so that talented students can pursue their dreams of a UofSC degree
- Maintaining the Pastides Alumni Center, a crown jewel of our campus, as a destination of choice for events in the Midlands
By donating $17.50 or $175 -- or anything in between -- during Give 4 Garnet, you can help ensure our ability to support future generations of Gamecocks.
“The Association taught me the value of social impact. My time as VAC founder proved the value of veteran advocacy and inspired my desire to influence veterans at the national level. Our Association understands the importance of reaching into communities across Gamecock nation to leave a lasting impact.”
– James Anderson, member of the UofSC Alumni Association Board of Governors and co-founder of the Veterans Alumni Council